Production Blog: Beginning to Edit

     Today, me and my group began the editing process for my film. We were falling a bit behind schedule so we thought we jump ahead and get to editing early. I have finally finished the three scenes for the film and the goal today was to piece these together to make them transition properly and maybe begin to integrate sound effects and maybe start to add our music as well. I am using iMovie initially to edit my film but I am thinking of moving over to a more advanced software or editing technology later in the editing process. I started by adding all 3 scenes in order and trying to create a smooth transition between them that would not cause confusion. I achieved this simply by just making sure there was no delay between the scenes and ensuring that it was as seamless as a transition as possible. Next, I went over parts of scenes that I thought sound effects would help with the scene. I used a running sound effect as if the actors were running very hard to make the running seem more urgent among many other spots that I thought could use them. Lastly, I tried playing around with music and putting it over some of my earlier scenes. I could not really seem to get it to work though today, and I began to run out of time so I decided that I would try and mess around with it later. Overall though, I think it was a very productive day and I am glad I got started on the editing process early.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Design Research: Sci- Fi

Storyboard

Another day on the field